Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Music Website Wednesday #3: Songnumbers.com

Very rarely is there a service or concept that costs money that I deem worth mentioning to artists. As a former struggling musician, I understand the need to conserve the non-existent funds that you probably don't have. However, this site is an exception to this general rule; it's worth is so high that I have to bring it to the table.

With the explosion of mobile phones as a content provider and salable device, a site like songnumbers.com is absolutely essential. It allows you to share content for FREE with your target market (fans) and it enables them to then BUY AND SELL your content with a few clicks to the keypad! It's nearly impossible for me to sum up in a short blog, but their website does a great job of explaining their awesome.

It's a combo of texting and voicemail that is unlike any other service I am aware of, AND it's built specifically for musicians! The staff is incredibly helpful, cool, and aware of the needs that present themselves to modern musicians. Though the service is not free to you, it is cost effective and easily managed. They get a 9 out of 10 on the scale of awesome. Check them out and leave your thoughts in the comments!

Enjoy!

No comments: