
Happy Sunday! I'm not accustom to writing blogs on weekends, but I felt today was a reasonable time to jump in. I wanted to take the time to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day Weekend. I hope you're all finding time to have some fun with your family.
I also wanted to write and wish the best of luck to my friends Chris Stowe and Fred Oakman who have embarked on their ridiculously awesome dual acoustic tour. As of last night they are off and running on what is essentially a three month stint that covers a majority of the East Cost and Midwest.
I wanted to bring it up, not only because they are good friends, but because they are an example of what we teach at Modern Revival Media. These guys self-booked, found cheap ways to get quality merch, dropped the van for a regular car for gas costs, etc. They loaded up two bags of clothes, their acoustic guitars, and some merch and hit the road! (Oh, they are also eating healthy snacks on the road; buying food at Sam's or BJ's ahead of time to save mucho money!)
Do yourself a favor and check both of them out at the following sites:
www.myspace.com/anniversaryclub - Chris Stowe's Anniversary Club
www.myspace.com/weekendsmusic - Fred Oakman's Weekends
I asked Chris and Fred to keep us updated as they progress and try to bring to music what has been lacking for so long: passion and heart, even in the face of poverty and other obstacles. They are a true inspiration and I hope you get a minute to catch them on the road and make some new family!
No comments:
Post a Comment